Monday 4 February 2008

This is your life Ma

It's been a bit quiet on the Prozacville-front recently as I've focused my energies on a side project for my mother's 60th birthday (which is today).

It's a 60+ panel piece, with each illustration depicting a memory from her childhood - drawn, hand-coloured and then mounted on 'ash grey' board.

It has given me much pleasure collaborating with her on this Remembrance of Things Past/In Search of Lost Time undertaking.

This strange eventful history will now hang on a wall in her lounge, prefiguring perhaps the 'second childishness' to come, and oh yes, the 'mere oblivion' to which we are both now heading, albeit at slightly different speeds.

11 comments:

Jeannetto said...

Awwwwww. That is so sweet.

I plan on showing up at your mother's doorstep one of these days.

ElizT said...

Could turn into a crowd.

the therapist said...

And thereby honouring life itself.

Hats off to you, Prozac!


regards.

Debra Kay said...

I don't think I've ever seen a mother's face beaming quite so much at a birthday present. Your mom must be very proud of you or really like the present, or both.

Good job little pill!

switch said...

beamy indeed.

Mim said...

This is absolutly wonderful. You both look great, and the present to her is priceless. What a mench you are!

The Whole Megillah said...

Looks good. I've always been impressed by (and kind of envious of) your capture and completion of goals.

soulbrush said...

i cannot ever put into words what this has meant to me. you are absolutely perfect mr p.

soulbrush said...

my cup runneth over!
btw, you are all welcome on my doorstep, my house has elastic walls!

Kerstin Klein said...

Wow. What a wonderful present. You don´t ahve any close up pics of it?

Anonymous said...

this is so wonderful. bravo, mr prozac. you're a nice human being. (even if you are a little pill.)



cat